Pizza was and still is one of my favorite foods. Knowing that I can no longer indulge in the pizza crust, I’ve explored many Keto friendly pizza options that don’t carry so many carbs.
While I do enjoy a few almond flour and cheese crusts, some days I really just need the toppings to satisfy my craving. I’ve attempted skillet pizza many times, but for some reason cheese is rather tempermental for me… sometimes it burns, sometimes the whole pizza wrinkles, or when I attempt a good flip, I end up with scrambled pizza instead… either way the hassle of cooking this simple dish was frustrating.
One day I reversed the popular cooking order and started with the pepperoni in the pan first and then the cheese. This allowed the pepperoni to get crispy without having to flip the pizza or without the cheese burning. Because there is not flip, the cheesy top only melts. Though it may look like it’s not finished cooking, letting the pizza cool after removing it from heat helps create a crispy pepperoni crust and that gooey cheesy stretch that makes your mouth water.
Not only are the ingredients simple, but they are quick and easy to customize. Feel free to add other pizza favorites on top and you’ll soon forget about that carby crust!
- 16 Pepperoni Slices (1 Serving)
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- Optional: Seasoning (Oregano, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, etc.)
- In a small skillet, arrange your pepperoni slices in a circle so that the edges are overlapping. Be sure to arrange some slices in the middle of your circle as well.
- Begin cooking your pepperoni on medium heat.
- Scatter your shredded cheese on top of your layer of pepperoni.
- Optional: Sprinkle seasoning of choice on top of cheese as it begins to melt.
- Continue to cook your skillet pizza until all of your cheese is melted.
- Gently slide a spatula around the edges of your skillet pizza and any spots where it may feel that cheese is stuck to the pan.
- Slide your pizza out of the pan and onto a plate. Let cool for 1 minute. Pull apart your pizza one pepperoni at time and enjoy!
- Feel free to add other pizza topping favorites like bacon, green peppers, onions, and olives. I suggest sauteing your vegetables first to make sure they are cooked through before layering onto your Easy Pull-Apart Skillet Pizza
- Remember to calculate your own nutrition facts using the macros from the ingredients that you use as numbers may vary across brands.
Serving Size:1 Pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 28gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gProtein: 20g