My latest obsession has been chia seeds. Those itty bitty seeds pack a lot of nutrients. When added to liquid the seeds expand to a gel like texture. They do not have a flavor of their own so they are extremely easy to customize.
If you were ever into overnight oats, you may enjoy this pudding. I like to prepare this treat at night to enjoy the next morning as a fast breaker. They help keep me full and give me a break from eating eggs for breakfast.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are tiny, but they pack quite the punch when it comes to health benefits. They are loaded with many vitamins and minerals and are very high in fiber.
3 tablespoons may read 13g of carbohydrates, but 10 of those grams are fiber. That means that one serving is actually 3g net carbs… That’s 1g net carbs per tablespoon. For all of the benefits that these seeds offer, it doesn’t get much better.
Chia seeds are also very versatile. You can bake with them, cook with them, sprinkle them over salads and yogurts, add them to smoothies, and so much more.
Visit DrJockers.com for more details about chia seeds, their many benefits, and other ways that you can incorporate them into your diet.
Benefits of Collagen Peptides
Collagen is an important protein in your body. Collagen plays a major role in skin restoration and strengthening your muscles.
Some benefits of consuming collagen include:
- Improve skin health
- Can help relieve joint pain
- Prevent bone loss
- May boost muscle mass
- Promotes heart health
- May increase the strength and growth of hair and nails
Read about more benefits of collagen at Healthline.com
In general, additional products are not necessary to be successful while following the Keto lifestyle. Everything that we need can be found in our food. However, there are some products that are quality supplements to balanced meals or when you need to make sure you are getting nutrients on the go.
My favorite brand and flavor of collagen is Perfect Keto Salted Caramel Collagen Peptides. Perfect Keto uses clean ingredients to offer quality products to further enhance your Keto lifestyle. See more products and information that Perfect Keto has to offer here.
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Salted Caramel Collagen Peptides
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 packet Splenda Naturals
- 1/4 tsp Maple Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional Toppings: Sugar Free Whipped Cream, Chopped Pecans
- In a medium bowl, combine almond milk and collagen peptides until powder is dissolved. Use the back of a spoon to help break down powder until well combined.
- Mix in chia seeds, sweetener, maple extract, and salt.
- Separate into two small bowls.
- Let the pudding set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once set, stir together as seeds may settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- Optional: mix in whipped cream and chopped pecans.
- If you do not like the texture of the chia seeds, try blending the mixture in a food processor before refrigerating.
- Be sure to mix your pudding before eating for more texture consistency.
- Great Value has a pre-made sugar free whipped cream OR you can make your own.
- Nutrition facts do not include any added toppings.
- Remember to calculate your own nutrition facts using the macros from the ingredients that you use as numbers may vary across brands.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BetterBody Foods Organic Chia Seeds with Omega-3, Non-GMO (2 lbs.)
SPLENDA Naturals No Calorie Stevia Sweetener, Single-Serve Packets (140 Count)
Perfect Keto Protein Powder Salted Caramel: Grass Fed Collagen Peptides Low Carb Keto Drink Supplement with MCT Oil Powder. Best as Keto Drink Creamer or Added to Ketogenic Diet Snacks. Gluten Free
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 5gProtein: 2g