I know that I have already recommended 90 Second Bread in my post about Easy Bread Replacements. However, it wasn’t until that post that I was completely sold on the bread. It is just so buttery and fluffy and delicious!
That got me to thinking…. what else can I do with this bread? Of course, my first thought was to make it sweet, which then lead to breakfast. Then, that thought lead directly to FRENCH TOAST!
I remember my mom making us French Toast when we were younger. It was always soft on the inside with just enough crunch on the outside. The way this bread toasted in the butter proved that it would produce the same effect with a cinnamon-sweet finish.
This bread is very light and porous so it soaks up the egg mixture really well. You want to be sure not to fry the dipped toast on high heat because then the outside will burn and the inside will be way too soggy. Low to medium heat will be perfect. I also recommend frying in butter to further enhance the overall flavor.
You can decide how to take this French Toast to the next level. I chose to top it with Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit and ChocZero Maple Syrup. Other recommended toppings include strawberries and sugar free whipped cream, or chopped pecans with ChocZero Chocolate Syrup.
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet Splenda Naturals (approx. 2 tsp)
- Dash of Ground Cinnamon
- Prepared 90 Second Bread
- 1 Tbs Butter (for frying)
- Prepare your 90 Second Bread
- Whisk all French Toast ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until well incorporated.
- Place bread into the egg mixture one slice at a time. Flip bread. Make sure that both sides are well coated. Repeat with second slice of bread.
- Melt butter in medium-sized skillet. Place both slices of bread in skillet and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite Sugar Free Syrup or other toppings.
Recipe makes 2 servings of egg mixture. The nutrition facts are for 1 serving of the egg mixture with 1 serving of the 90 Second Bread.
Store left over egg mixture in the refrigerator in a sealed bowl for up to 1 week.
Remember to calculate your own nutrition facts using the macros from the ingredients that you use as numbers may vary across brands.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup, 1 Net Carb, Maple Syrup, 13 Fl. Oz (Pack of 1)
Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 2:1 Powdered Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (16 oz)
ChocZero's Maple Syrup. Sugar free, Low Carb, Sugar Alcohol free, Gluten Free, No preservatives, Non-GMO. Dessert and Breakfast Topping Syrup. 1 Bottle(12oz)
SPLENDA Naturals No Calorie Stevia Sweetener, Single-Serve Packets (140 Count)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 36gCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar Alcohols: 1gProtein: 14g