Bread is typically the one food that is a deal breaker when it comes to accepting the Keto lifestyle. But it doesn’t have to be this way! There are many low carb, Keto friend replacements that make this transition easier.
The Keto lifestyle should not feel like a punishment. Although there is no true substitute for the goodness that is bread, this replacement is worth a shot.
There are only 5 ingredients in this single serve bread and it can be used in many different ways.
I use a round ramekin to make this bread in the microwave. You may want to use a square ramekin depending on how you’ll use the bread. Click here to find all different kinds to fit your bread making needs.
You can enjoy this bread straight out of the microwave. However, I prefer to fry it in butter in a skillet. The bread absorbs the butter and the bread becomes more like toast while keeping the inside fluffy and light.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Put butter into a microwave safe container (ramekin, bowl, mug, etc.)
- Microwave until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients to your melted butter.
- Use a fork to whisk all ingredients together until combined.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Carefully remove from microwave. Once able to handle, remove bread from container and slice in half.
- Optional: Fry in 1 Tbsp of butter for a crispier, toast like bread.
- Make sure that all of the ingredients are mixed will together so that the egg does not cook separately in the microwave.
- This bread is perfect for a breakfast sandwich or burger bun. It also tastes great melted with cheese for a low carb grilled cheese sandwich OR with sugar free jam and almond butter.
- Remember to calculate your own nutrition facts using the macros from the ingredients that you use as numbers may vary across brands.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 27.25gCarbohydrates: 3.75gNet Carbohydrates: 1,5gFiber: 2.25gProtein: 10.5g